Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's on Your Thanksgiving Menu?

I am having a few friends over for Thanksgiving this year, so not only do I have to figure out how to make an entire Thanksgiving meal in my matchbox sized kitchen, I have to figure out what to make!

Here is what I am planning:

Breakfast (after all, you can't starve yourself all day waiting for the feast):
1) Bananas Foster Scones and Sweet Potato Hash Browns and coffee, obviously.

Main:
2) Kosher Turkey (thankfully my friend Sharon is in charge of this one)
3) Sourdough Stuffing with hazelnuts and sour cherries

Sides:
4) Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
5) Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios (normally I don't like Brussels sprouts, but they are great when made this way)
6) Mom's Homemade Rolls with jam and butter
7) Cranberry Sauce
*I'm still trying to decide if we need a salad or if I should substitute one of these sides for a yam or sweet potato dish

Dessert:
8) Apple Pie (My friend Jesse is preparing this one, apparently he has some secret recipe and wants to do a guest post on here about it)
9) Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Beverages:
10) Hot Spiked Apple Cider

Now I just have to figure out a plan of attack, such as what can I make the day before, and in what order I need to make things the day of. I have never done a Thanksgiving dinner before, so if any of you have any advice or suggestions, send 'em my way!

Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? Whats on your menu?

Me and Daniel at Julie's house for Thanksgiving last year

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

It'll be a small, quiet Thanksgiving for us, Beth - just us, the girls, and Oscar's mom. But we are still planning a feast! Oscar is in charge of the BBQ turkey, and I'll round out the table with my cornbread and smoked sausage stuffing (remember?!?), the cranberry relish/sauce (of course), green beans, and the candied sweet potatoes and strawberry-banana salad for the kids. Mom's rolls are the best, but I'm totally cheating this year - I've ordered dinner rolls and an apple and a pumpkin pie from Sweetish Hill Bakery. Yay!
PS - I don't think you need a green salad.

Anonymous said...

Beth,
This sounds like a delicious and tempting Thanksgiving dinner.
Good Luck ! and let me know how everything went.
Mom

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online