Monday, October 13, 2008

Introducing Julie


I'm Julie, and I love Great Food and sharing it with others. I live in Austin, Texas with my husband, two daughters, a dog, a cat, and two hermit crabs. Getting busy in the kitchen and then savoring the results is one of my favorite pastimes. I think sharing Great Food and Good Times with friends and family is priceless.

Around here, you'll see me doing most of the cooking. I try to keep things simple yet satisfying, since I have a family to feed and it seems like we are always on the go. Freshness and quality are important to me, and local, seasonable ingredients are what inspire me. I do have a terrible sweet tooth, however, and it's not uncommon for me to whip up a batch of something to satisfy that craving. Like brownies. Mmmmm, brownies. Beth and I can both crank out a mean pan of brownies. We learned it from our mom. Thanks, Mom!

Beth came up with the great idea of sharing our virtual kitchen with you, and I enthusiastically jumped on board. There's so much we all can learn from each other, and I'm looking forward to the journey. And maybe someday, if your lucky, we just might share that secret family recipe for brownies...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I can make good brownies too!

Julie Ann said...

Hey Big Bro, absolutely you can! Let us know if you'd ever like to be a guest contributor - that would be fun.

Beth said...

Ha! Our big brother IS known for his brownies. Maybe he should be the one to spill the recipe one of these days. It's kind of like Bush's Baked Bean's though, we could probably make a lot of money if we sold it and then passed along the shares to our children. It's like an oil inheritance for the 21st century! ;)

Anonymous said...

HEY !!
This is MY RECIPE, my personal and original version.
Mom

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online