Friday, October 17, 2008

Local Box Goodness

It's Friday, and around here that means my Greenling Local Box has arrived. It's always an exciting moment at our house when the doorbell rings at the end of the week; the girls shriek with excitement, and we all immediately start rummaging through our box to see what we got this week.


Here's a quick list of what arrived this afternoon:

Zucchini
Red potatoes
Cherry tomatoes
Roma tomatoes
Bibb lettuce
Sweet potatoes
"Wizard" Green peppers (not sure what the "wizard" means - they look like regular ol' bell peppers)
Baby lettuce
Crimini mushrooms
Yellow and red onions
Meyer lemons
Key limes
Dill

Greenling also included a delicious-sounding recipe for White Beans with Roasted Tomatoes that I think I'll try later.

Tonight I'm using up more of those sweet potatoes in a coconut chicken curry we'll share with friends later this evening. We'll finish off the meal with some luscious lemon-lime bars I made this afternoon for dessert. The recipe was an adaptation of this one from the delightful site Cooking for Engineers.

Have a fantastic idea for any of the other items? Let me know - I might try it out!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You should try out that cottage cheese dill bread that's in the Moosewood Cookbook, Enchanted Broccoli Forrest. You have that cookbook, right? I love that bread!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online