Monday, October 13, 2008

Introducing Beth




Hi, I'm Beth and I like to bake. No, scratch that; I LOVE to bake. Like a piece of freshly baked bread that needs to be buttered, I've got to get my hands, my clothes, my hair, and my tiny D.C. apartment kitchen covered in flour. I am a messy baker; just ask my fiancé. What you can expect from me is that I will post mainly baking recipes. Sometimes I might throw in something else- a little chowder, a little pasta, a little enchilada. But mostly you will see cake, pies, bread, cookies, muffins, tarts, and brownies. Mmmmm, brownies.

I am not the world's most perfect baker, not by a long shot. I just like to do it because it calms me down and brings me back to earth after a hectic day. All a person really needs for a little pick-me up is good food; the comforts of bread, sugar and chocolate; getting messy; the satisfaction of accomplishing something; and what's life without a little glass of wine to accompany you while you are attempting to master your Grammy’s famous Red Devils Food Cake (which no one but her could ever seem to quite nail), right?

I will try and keep my recipes as budget friendly, fresh, simple, and seasonal as possible. So lets do this together, want to join us? My sister Julie and I are pretty darned good when we put our heads together, but I could still use your input and advice. Speaking of Julie, she is a master at making the perfect roux among many other things, an inspirational cook and baker if you ever saw one. Try out one of our recipes and tell us what you think!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online